Wedding Rings Cape Town
Black Key Diamonds is situated in Cape Town and creates bespoke world-class wedding rings, diamond engagement rings and diamond jewellery at competitive prices for South African and International Clients. At Black Key Diamonds, we view the giving of a wedding ring as a privilege and a moment to be treasured.
Wedding rings are symbolic pieces, given as part of the marriage ceremony to signify the commitment of two people in the unity of marriage. The wedding ring is traditionally worn on the fourth finger of the left hand, as legend has it, the vein of love (Vena Amoris) runs from this finger to the heart.
What Are The Origins of Wedding Rings?
History shows wedding rings date back over 4800 years, and are still seen as a symbol of love and commitment today. Some historians believe that the oldest recorded exchange of wedding rings comes from ancient Egypt, about 4800 years ago.
The circle was the symbol of eternity, with no beginning or end, not only to the Egyptians, but many other ancient cultures. The hole in the centre of the ring also had significance. It wasn’t just considered a space, but rather a gateway, or door; leading to things and events both known and unknown.
The materials these early wedding rings were made of didn’t last very long and soon were substituted with rings made of leather, bone or ivory. The more expensive the material, the more love shown to the receiver; the value of the ring also demonstrated the wealth of the giver.
Wedding Ring Facts
- Seventeen tons of gold are made into wedding rings each year in the United States!
- The first recorded account of a diamond engagement ring was in 1477 when King Maximilian I of Germany (1459-1519) proposed to Mary of Burgundy (1457-1482) and offered her a diamond to seal his vow. (So men, now you know who to blame!)
- Interestingly, in many countries, even today, including Norway, Russia, Greece, Ukraine, Bulgaria, Poland, Austria, Germany, Portugal and Spain the wedding ring is worn on the ring finger of the right hand and not the left. In Jewish tradition, the groom places the ring on the bride’s index finger, and not the “ring” finger at all.
Questions To Ask Before Buying a Wedding Ring?
Your choice of wedding ring depends on many factors:
- Does it fit with your existing engagement ring?
- Which metal does it need to be?
- Do you want a classic band or channel set diamonds?
- How thick do you want the band to be?
- Does it need to match with your wife/husband to be’s choice?
With so much to consider, we are here to help guide you through the process to find your perfect wedding ring.
It is best to take a look at all of your options and narrow it down according to the questions above. Use your engagement style as a starting point, and then use the style and shape filters online to help find the perfect match.
Here are some options to consider:
WEDDING RING PROFILES
At Black Key Diamonds we have a vast range of Wedding Ring profiles for you to choose from. Whether it is a classic profile like Flat or Court or a more modern shape like the Bevelled, we have them all.
WEDDING RING METALS
Buy Wedding Rings for Women and Men from Black Key Diamonds from our Cape Town Jewellery store or view pieces on our website. The 4 Cs (Cut, Clarity, Carat & Colour) are at the forefront of all our Diamond Wedding Band designs; ensuring that your big day is a memory that lasts a lifetime. Our Black Key Diamond Wedding Ring ranges are truly elegant in their simplicity; resulting in a ring as timeless as your love.
At Black Key Diamonds, we have a wide range of Wedding Rings for Him and Her to choose from in styles including Vintage, Classic & Plain. Many can be viewed in our Cape Town Jewellery Store or viewed online, as we deliver to Clients around the world.
Whatever you’re looking for as the perfect wedding ring, Black Key Diamonds is here to help by providing a one-of-a-kind bespoke ring that delivers the best value for your money, world-class design and the memory that lasts a lifetime.
Black Key Diamonds provides one-of-a-kind bespoke jewellery that delivers the best value for your money, world-class design and the memory of a lifetime. Our Cape Town Jewellery store is here to help you find your dream jewellery piece.